Thursday, December 21, 2006

Material Girls



It's been a long time since I last downloaded movies (except for Cinta) because I download mostly TV shows (Lost, Desperate Housewives and Ugly Betty) recently. So when all shows are currently taking a December break, I'm back to movies. One thing, movies I downloaded are usually those which I don't have any plan to purchase the DVD, so when I did the search on Limewire, I had difficulties to choose as everything that comes out are good titles that I put on my to-buy list (although God knows when I will finally purchase them). So after a while of browsing, I found Material Girls, stars Hilary and Haylie Duff. While the poster looks good, and the plot seems fun, the reviews were horrendously bad. Nevertheless, I downloaded it.

Review:
The movie revolves around 2 sisters Tanzie and Ava Marchetta, heiress of the Marchetta Cosmetics empire, having Paris Hilton kind of lifestyle and don't really care about the company their late fater left for them. But suddenly life turns upside down as the company was caught with some cosmetic harm scandal and left them at the edge of losing everything. So, without their dad, it's up to the "spoiled brats" to save the company. One thing for sure before you watch this, keep in mind that it's a chick flick. Not some serious spectacular epic or so. Keep you expectation low. And putting those aside, you'll find this movie really enjoyable. Yes, it's predictable, and not everything is logical in the movie, but this ain't CSI. I admit I love this kind of chick flick, but that doesn't mean I hate serious drama. I love Crash very much. In US, maybe the standard is comparable to our Professor Madya movies, but hey, this is damn better.

Watch the trailer (YouTube)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails