Friday, May 04, 2007

Updates

The End of Another Semester

The external review was on March 28th (Saturday) and I went home on the night of March 30th (Monday). Unlike previous semesters where we (the architecture students) always be the last batch to go home, it's relatively early this time, thanks to our early exam. And it also marks the last date for me in B2204, my room since Day 1 in UKM. Next semester I'll be moving one storey higher, to B2304.

Movie Mania


Last Friday, I went with Afeeq to Mid Valley to catch Spider Man 3, which thankfully I've booked the ticket online 2 days earlier, cause we saw a LONG LONG LONG queue upon arriving at GSC. We collect our tickets (which, after student discount, is just rm13 for two, compared to rm12 a piece if you buy it on the spot. That's a RM11 save! So next time, don't forget your student ID)


Spider Man 3, showtime: 2 pm (Rating: ****)

OK, so this is the first and one of the most anticipated in the streams of sequels this summer, alongside Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End, Shrek The Third, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix, Ocean's Thirteen, among others. What can I say about it? Wow wow and wow!!! It really blows me away. This 2-hours-and-30-minutes movie is JAM PACKED with plots and storylines that's enough for the next 2 movies! If 3 villains (Sandman, Venom & mysterious alien virus) are not enough, add that with Mary Jane's stumbling career, Spiderman's fame take a price, Gwen's interest in Peter, Henry's interest in Mary Jane, alien virus changed Peter into a very poyo man... the list is endless. But somehow, all is blended well. You can expect action, romance, comedy, melodrama, etc. And another thing, the special effects is SPECTACULAR. The movie contains not less than 5 major fight scenes, all FULL of swinging, flying, falling, exploding, the list goes on. And the most extraordinary fx is Sandman, where every particle of the sand is seen clearly and moving with real precision. Must took a painstaking process to create it from scratch. What a cinematic achievement.

"Phew!".
"OK, jom tengok movie kedua"
"Are you kidding"
Afeeq insists to watch the second movie, and that movie is Wild Hogs. OK OK fine. I don't know if I'll have chance again after LI starts. Plus, I'm longing to watch William H. Macy, real-life husband of Desperate Housewives' Felicity Huffman (Lynette) acts. I never watch his acting before.


Wild Hogs, showtime: 6 pm (Rating: ***1/2)

I was wondering why this movie was such a hit in the US (currently taking over a 100 mil bucks), considering it's simple storyline, lacks of hot babes, and all. I mean, if we produce a movie starring 4 middle-aged man, how many of us will actually go and watch them? But make no mistake, this is not your average middle-aged men. Yes, now I know what makes this movie really successful, it's a non stop laughing ride. I enter the cinema hall with full sceptism and little expectation, but I laugh from the very first minute of it's opening scene. The synopsis: 4 men and longtime friends (Martin Lawrence, John Travolta, Tim Allen and William H Macy), each with a very own unique character, family background and problem, took a road trip across the country on their big bikes (Wild Hogs being their group name). And as in any road trip movies, anything can happen along the way. I can't spill anything more. You just have to watch this. For starters, watch the trailer here.

RedFM

Finally I went to Red 104.9's studio at Jalan Lumut yesterday (Friday) to collect the prize cheque for the logo contest I won months ago. Hmm... what to do ek? Mau simpan sampai Bandung la sih.

Tomorrow... LI!!!

I called the firm on Friday to confirm the working hours, which is 9am-6pm. The receptionist (just assuming) sounds pretty friendly. Also went for a sneak peak at the firm, hmm pretty decent. A corner lot, and ground floor (which is quiet rare, as architecture firm has a tendency to go for the first storeys, or maybe the shoplots in this area is cheaper to rent). And I think I hold the record for this semester for the shortest distance between home and the LI firm. It's nearer than my brother's school (which he WALKED to). And it's nearer to walk than to drive to, seriously. And tomorrow, it will begin. Feeling kinda nervous and excited. Hope that everything will turn just fine.

So that's why beginning this Monday, I will post my daily LI activity here, to record as much as I could. Moreover we're not asked to prepare the thick log book as our previous batch were required to. So this will be my first account of the actual working environment. Hence, My Life as a Me will change to My Life as an Intern. (Wikipedia: An intern is one who works in a temporary position with an emphasis on education rather than merely employment, making it similar in some respects to an apprenticeship. Interns are usually college or university students or other young adults.)

45 Days Jail Term for Paris Hilton

Party time's over Paris! One of the most photographed women in the world is heading to jail beginning June 5th after found guilty for driving under a suspended license.

Say Hello to Malaysia's Newest Box Office King

According to Utusan Malaysia, Ahmad Idham's Jangan Pandang Belakang just broke the records for the biggest local box office receipients, after crossing the RM6.3 million mark, hence slashing Sembilu 2 as the previous record holder. But I wonder why everybody's seems to forget that Lagi-Lagi Senario actually took in more than RM6.3 million?

I checked at Sinema Malaysia (operated by Finas), and I was right.

1. Lagi-Lagi Senario (6.33 mil)
2. Jangan Pandang Belakang (6.25 mil)
3. Sembilu 2 (6.10 mil)
4. Cicak-Man (5.15 mil)
5. Maria-Mariana (4.72 mil)
6. Gerak Khas The Movie (4.40 mil)
7. Sembilu (4.39 mil)

1 comments:

fara-D said...

wild hogs SANGAT BESH!!!!
mcm ko juga, kitorg (shah aku n nua) mcm "wat movie is this??" tak penah dgr pon.... just a spontan punya decision sbb spiderman3 punya show is on 5.30pm (and then was 12.30....tak sanggop tunggu!! kang balek lambat, esok penat li!haha) but the first minute sudah buat kami sesak napas dok gelak sakan!!!

aku sgt suka citer tuh....!! (but sedikit keciwa tadapat tgk spiderman3...huwaaaa!!)

li li li..>.....WAAAAAAA!!~

Related Posts with Thumbnails