Monday, May 07, 2007

My Life as an Intern: Day 1

Last night I suffer from my long time disease. Which is I the failure of sleeping when something big is gonna happen the next day! Soo shit. I had the same syndrome before I took my PMR results, SPM results, a day before going to matriculation, UKM, omg... I slept at 1am and woke up at 3am, and I couldn't sleep again for the rest of the night. Damn!

And at 9.03am, I started my first day as an intern at A.Bakhtiar Architect. So I came in.. and the receptionist's table was empty. So I seated myself and wait.. and wait.. and wait. I heard some woman talking at the back, but I still wait. Hmm... at last one of them went to the front, asking me "nak jumpa siapa" and I explained to her that I'm starting my practical today. And she said "aah.. Adian kan".

I waited some more and she brought me to see the big boss, Mr. Bakhtiar himself. Hmm... he seems pretty nice a person. So he started to read my resume, and ask about the program in UKM, so I explained some of our subjects and the topic that we've learnt from it. And he asked me about the type of design projects that we've done. I explained, and then... "did u have your portfolio?"

"WHAT??" (inside my head), "oh, I thought that it's for the interview session", (where you know, the part BEFORE you agreed to take me as an intern). But luckily I brought with me my notebook, so I took a time to turn it on and show him my kiosk, centres etc.

After "Okay, you can have your practical here," (like duh, did I have another choice if you didn't want to take me), "so take this chance and grab as much as you can. You can see whatever you want, ask to see our previous project's files. And we're very open here. Anything you want to know, just come to me. And you might be sent to see the site of project (accompanying the worker, of course) as well, because you know, you should see the reality of this work. And we don't want the graduates to treat themselves as the superior one, because we will need all the draftsmen, the technicians, because we're working as a team. Maybe you can also assist in designing small projects like bungalows, although 9 weeks is surely not enough to cover, I think you need to seize as much possible as you could."

Wow.

And he said that my first assignment is to update the company's CV (you know, previous projects and all that stuff)

After that, Kak Mas (the person I referred to as the receptionist) brought me to the whole office and introduce me to the other employees (which of course, not one of them was able to pronounce my name right the first time. Same old situation). I was placed at the back of the office (with a PC, and internet, but damn slow), sitting next to me is a designer, Azman, who was so friendly, and being the only person I talked to for today. The office is not so big, so everything is kinda around me. There's a cupboard full of material catalogs, another's full of archi books and mags, behind it is the place for praying, pantry and a beautiful little toilet. Azman was supposed to guide me on my "first assignment", but as I could visibly see, the workers are kinda busy preparing for the presentation session at 2pm, so this Azman was busy doing last minute touchups on the autocad and photoshop and printing. So, being a good intern, I did help with some of them. I did some autoCAD correction, photoshop correction, and also do the binding for some of the finished printed presentation.

I went for lunch at 1pm, being soooo soooo lonely without my usual friends (that I missed soo much) and I kept blaming myself for not asking my coursemate to take the same firm. Huwa... And the food at the shop I ate, taste like crap! Damn!

I returned to the workplace at 2pm, Azman's not there, must be gone for the meeting. Hmm... I dunno what to do. So I went online, Friendster. After sometime, he came back, still busy, and apologizing for unable to help me today and promised it the first thing tomorrow. So, what can I do? My lack of sleep has started to take it's toll, and I SLEPT. Yeah, I feel asleep on my chair, but I hope they'll understand that I can only start my work tomorrow. So I slept for an hour or two, until 4pm. Then I started strolling around, reading the mags, papers, bla2, couldn't wait until 6pm, and shot back home.

Not the first day I expect, because of my tired-ness and their busy-ness. Hehe. I hope tomorrow will be better.

6 comments:

ChikaDior said...

banyaknyer cite dia.
kita byk cite tp tak larat nk tulis.
abes semua keringat.

working is tiresome.

dun like lah!

ChikaDior said...

banyaknyer cite dia.
kita byk cite tp tak larat nk tulis.
abes semua keringat.

working is tiresome.

dun like lah!

fara-D said...

YOU ACTUALLY TDO????!!!

man! u are SO ADIAN!!

haha!!
ada juga ya sessi bersama bos... aku? hanya sebaris ayat yg pnah big boss ckp ngan aku "u can handle the work given to u?" and me answer "yes, mem!"
itu la satu2 nya conversation aku dgn bos!!


percaya tak, i've got no supervisor yg tetap lagik!!!aaaaaa!!!
bleh pindah tpt li tak??
hisy!! dah stat 2 hari baru abah aku suggest firm sepupu dia!!

ChikaDior said...

boss aku ckp..
my supervisor wud be him himself.

tp byk je tukang 'jaga' aku..
i guess laaa

fara-D said...

tukang jaga mmg ramai!!haha!!
tukang kasik keja yg sorg je...
aku assume, dia supervisor aku wat masa ni. tp nampaknya dia dibawah sr architect yg garang tuh!!waaaa!! silap ari bln sr ar tuh yg jd supervisor aku!!matilaaaa!!! :'(

tukang jaga ramai...siap soh aku ckp je kat depa kalo mr H tu buli aku!!! haha!! "u can choose not to do wat he gave u!!"

lalala

fara-D said...

woit!!menanti mega update ko!!!cepatan!!!!!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails