Saturday, July 04, 2009

Fallingwater

I've been forcing myself to finish a research project which I should do a long time ago (biasela deadline nak dekat baru berhempas pulas kan hahaha)... and during the process I found out Malaysia got LOTS and LOTS of breathtaking waterfalls. And it brings me back during my childhood dengan zaman-zaman oil pastel buncho dan pentel, my favourite scene to draw and colour was always waterfall. But later in life I found out that real waterfalls here pale in comparison with what I've always seen on documentaries. The best I've went so far pun just at Sekayu, Terengganu. Others (Templer, Kanching, Tekala/Gabai (I can't remember, ni masa kem pengawas zaman dahulu kala) is just blerh....

But my inner waterfall-loving self just resuscitate yesterday when I stumble along these pictures... and yes, it's in Malaysia man!

1. Maliau Falls, Maliau Basin, Sabah

My God, my heart falls the minute I saw this. Without caption, I can be easily fooled into thinking that this is located in some Amazonian jungle. But the journey is not for the faint of heart, as it took several days to reach there but damn I can tell it's totally rewarding. I'll make sure I reach here one day, God willing. (Do search "maliau falls" yourself for more pictures)



2. Lata Rek, Between Gua Musang-Kuala Krai, Kelantan
It's not your typical "waterfall", but instead a series of vast rocky cascades. The amount and force of water would increase dramatically during rainy season. Must be exciting to watch.

3. Air Terjun Pelangi, Sg Lembing, Pahang

Maybe the closest we can have to the famed Venezuelan Angel Falls, I always love this freaking-tall-sprinkly-showery type of waterfalls.

Why, you ask is the name pelangi? This is why.

Amazing, huh?

9 comments:

fara-D said...

haaaaaaaaaa....sonok nya!! chantek chantek!! NAK pergi air terjun pelangi!!!!!!!!! T-T

Adian said...

hahaha suh budak pahang arrange trip ke sana.

atom28 said...

amaze2..

waa.air terjun pelangi.teringat naruto.haha

ST_one said...

CHeck out this amazing waterfall near you!
Chilling Waterfall
http://www.waterfallsofmalaysia.com/51chiling.php

Adian said...

near me? mana ada near... haha we've made it to broga last sem, next sem let's go here. (jangan ada terwek di tengah jalan ya hahaha)

fievelski said...

jom trip ke pelangi waterfall....

Adian said...

ayuh juragan!

fara-D said...

ala.....nak join jugak p pelangi waterfall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adian said...

ep ep fara kene siapkan research hospital. hehehe

Related Posts with Thumbnails