Sunday, October 28, 2012

Restart

So yes, it's been about 2 weeks since I settled in on my new job. It's a rather funny story, really - I finally made up my mind to set out and embark on a different experience a little over a month ago, sent out resumes, went for an interview, waiting for a month but got no answers, then suddenly I received that magic phone call (not from that interview, though), and 5 mins later I found myself drafting my resignation letter.

God works in mysterious ways, indeed. I remembered my former boss once said in a meeting, "God doesn't always answer your prayer right away, but when He does, it's always on the right time."

So, new job. New workplace. New environment. (Still keeping a close touch with my former colleagues, those amazing team - thanks to Whatsapp. Of course I need my daily gossip fix). So there's a whole lot of new tasks and responsibilities, I finally found myself working against a bunch of experienced big boys, so that's really cool. Working with people our own age, yes it's fun, it's vibrant, dynamic, and so on, but being in the presence of seniors, I couldn't help but to feel more "responsible", like "this, right here, is working life, y'all". So, I need them, and they need me (to spruce up an edgier and more youthful image to the company's identity). The respect flows both ways, and I can live with that.

Alhamdulillah. God, I can't wait to see what you have in store for me next.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails